Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sad News For Fans Of Inexpensive Guitars

Hey There Everyone!!!

This is my first post on this blog and I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news for fans of inexpensive guitars.

The OLP brand of guitars has been retired. For those of you who have seen the Zach band or any of my old bands may know that one of my favorite guitars to use is my red OLP MM1 (Its right up there with my '76 Les Paul Custom). I have had that guitar for about 7 years now and it has always been one of my workhorses. I also have one of their 4 string Musicman Stingray knock offs which I love. This is really sad because these guitars only cost around 200-4oo dollars and now the only option is to spend a couple grand and get a real ernie ball musicman (if you have the money, why not?).

C

P.S. - For Your Listening Pleasure, Check Out:

Zach - What I Meant To Say (of course!)
The Wombats - A Guide To Love, Loss & Desperation
Extreme - Saudedes De Rock
The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Uncle Charlie and His Dog Teddy
Kenny Garrett - Beyond The Wall (Music to get lost in...emotionally speaking)

1 comment:

  1. Very sad indeed! It's hard to find quality instruments at that mid-range price. There aren't many. Any more, it's either really cheap junky cheap or over a grand. No inbetween.

    Also, I second the Wombats and the song "Peace" off that Extreme record. Good stuff! (and that Zach one, too).

    ReplyDelete