Friday, January 30, 2009

Snow and then Some

This has been an interminably long week. But it is Friday. And as I drove down Rt. 18 a few minutes ago, I came across a great sign at the Lube Stop - "Be nice. Lubricate. Your canr has needs too." Ha!

Kind of a dull day so far. Had my oil changed early this morning. The crazy moment of the day was there. I was sitting in the waiting room area working on my computer - trying to update the schedule and such, and this man sits down at the table and starts chatting. He is a nice guy and we soon get talking about music. Turns out, he had a huge sound/lighting company and worked with the Stones in the late 60's and early 70's! Wow. He also was the company that was set to do the much-apnticipated Simon/Garfunkel reunion tour. A very interesting man. One of 15 children! I have to say that it was the best trip to the car dealer/mechanic I've ever had!

And support Angel Falls Coffee Shop in Highland Square. http://www.angelfallscoffee.com/ourstore.aspx
Not only are they locally owned and community-oriented, but they have homemade Vegan peanut butter and oat cookies and some sort of Vegan banana bread. Yum!

Stay warm and dry!

1 comment: