Saturday, October 3, 2009

Canton Palace

Maybe I should back things up and start with yesterday first.

Northside.

It was nice to be back at Northside this month. There was a different atmosphere - something different in the air. I don't know if you felt it to - maybe it was just me. I did just start up a new meditation regime.

It was very nice to see so many great folks there, smiling, dancing, rocking! It really did make my day to have so many friends and fan family around! It was kinda a big day for us. Brandon, our new drummer, was playing his first public show.

He said it meant a lot to him to have so many nice and warm folks there supporting him for his debut!

Talking about my shows is something I'm really not that good at. So I'll summarize, as per usual :)

The night started off on an emotional chord with Autumn, Invocation, Lime Tree, and Manifest, which all were possibly as good as we've ever done them.

Then there was vegan pumpkin pie!!!

We had a nice line of dancers as well! Impressive! And everyone in step - it was a thing of beauty!! Did I hear someone compare it to Lord of the Dance... ? (I hope so!!:)

Then there was the after party/ encore! The 4 hour after party dispersing after 5am. A good end to a fun night!

And then there's the Canton Palace Theater.

I will have pics up soon.

I love this theater! It is gorgeous! With a nice stage and an awesome little labyrinth of dressing room tunnels!

There seemed to be some sort of snafu with the marquee, which had mistakenly stated we were on at 8:30pm, so i apologize to those of you that came just as we ended. I feel doubly bad because it was a great show!

Large stages are always a joy - room to feel, room to romp, and room for the sound to rock! Brandon played his heart out, as we all did. And with little weird Halloween set decorations, no less!

Some very moving moments tonight. Over the Road sent a warmth over me from the audience. It was beautiful and I cant really describe it. But thank you. The set built up to Some Love, where I got to leave the mic stand and plead give out every drop of my soul to the audience from the edge of the stage.

I think that Ever After could have been one of our best versions yet. Highly energized.

And there is nothing quite like dancing up and down the aisles of an old theater. It is wonderment. Definitely! Several little girls were getting into it and dancing along by their seats.

It all ended with a standing ovation.

Which, really, does it get any better than that??

Thank you. It made my night to see some kind faces and some folks I hadn't seen in a long while. Not to mention every one's kindness.

You rock.

You are why I sing.

And together we are agents of change.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment