Saturday, April 4, 2009

Brother's


Brother's Lounge is possibly the best venue in Cleveland for music. They have a nice stage, atmosphere, lights, and sound. And they are cool to work with - at least they have been with us. We were asked to perform there as part of an unsigned music series.

Bruce Hicks - http://www.brucehicks.com/ - came out again and got these wonderful and candid shots of us! Thanks Bruce!


We got there and loaded in. They have a patio section good for loading. But i have to say a major downside is the lack of parking. There is a lot across the street behind my friends restaurant. However this lot is apparently only for my friends customers. The entire lot holding a good 100 spaces. I parked there to unload as it was the easiest option at the moment. I got 1 load across the street and into the club.
The second one however, prompted the owner of the My Friends (of manager) to come actually running out into the street to tell me that she's gonna tow my car cuz it's only her customers who can park there (and there was actually only one sign in one small section of the lot - not where i was parked - that mentioned anything about parking only for her place). I politely told her i would move my van as soon as i unloaded my gear. I had my last load in my hands, and my hands were full.
To this, she said you cant park there. I'm gonna tow you, shrugged, and made to go back inside. I raised my voice and said i will move as soon as i put this stuff down. To which she shrugged - which was from her body language the same as flicking me off. There happened to be a space opening up in the club parking lot, so i dumped my gear there, and Jen sat in the spot while i moved my van.

So i would advise not dealing with that establishment. I dont think they have much in terms of vegan dining anyway, but she was harshly over-dramatic for no reason whatever. It quite upset me. Silliness.
But all that went away when we set up to rock. We were the middle band. We plowed through a pretty upbeat set, bringing it down a little for one of our best versions of Some Love, and then took it back off ending with a romping Ever After.

Which included a nice dancing section, and some dance-off head butting between Cameron and I!


Our now famous TV. People love watching TV. So now they can. At our shows.



Dominic rocking out a groove.


After our set, we roamed around and made our way to the outdoor patio for a few band shots. We have never had a full band picture taken. So, we thought we'd give it a try.



Backstage. Shenanigans... And you know we'll probably end up using this one...

3 comments:

  1. Wish I could've made it that night. Sounds like a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shenanigans picture is THE BEST!!!!!!!!! :D

    Bruce gets awesome shots :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New band battle series off to strong start

    Cleveland Scene
    Posted by Frank Lewis on Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 9:00 AM

    With most so-called Battle of the Bands, you get a motley mix of talentless acts. More often than not, the entrees are pimple-faced kids who haven’t played a gig outside of their parents’ basement. That certainly wasn’t the case at Brothers Lounge Thursday night as three very sharp bands kicked off the event that will take place every Thursday night until the end of May.

    Along with former Scene clubs editor Cris Glaser and Sun newspapers columnist Peanuts, I was enlisted as a judge. First up was the unfortunately named Lackluster, a Columbus trio with a powerhouse lead singer who often sounded like Eddie Vedder. The band had prog rock tendencies but kept them in check throughout a tight, well-received 45-minute set. Next up was Akron singer-songwriter Zach (pictured). With his band in tow, the hippie dippy singer-guitarist played a number of songs from an album that’s due out later this month. A seasoned performer, Zach worked the crowd like a pro and even had a few patrons up and off their bar stools and dancing to his memorable tunes...

    Though one judge (Peanuts, you know who you are) thought the contest ended in a tie between Zach and Ashes, Ashes ended up winning Week One... — Jeff Niesel

    Read the full article here:
    http://www.zachmusic.net/reviews.html

    ReplyDelete